Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mini 4wd Oct Meeting

To sum it up, this meeting was a disaster. The track is the toughest roller coster I ever expereinced. It has consecutive jumps, 90degree turns then a jump then 90degree turns (killed alot of cars). My car can't tackle that turns. Eventhough this time is time attack, I couldn't even complete 1 complete lap, which is pathetic.

My final setup were:
- double roller 9mm front, and 9mm back
- medium diameter wheel
- yellow-silver motor
- 3.5:1 gear ratio
- AO620
- Brake for front & back
- Added additional weight (1.5+1.5+2+2 = TOTAL 7 g)

There were two chances for the time attacked, and I blew it both times. I must admit I am very close to succeed at the final time attack. I believe it just needs bit more brake, and some more weight. If that doesn't work, I ll need to have small diameter or use a slower motor like orange silver / even chick-motor.

There were some damages for my car; couple of screws are bent (NOTE: FRONT LEFT is bent). Funny thing is that there are some car even faster than my car and still made it. I believe they are using yellow silver or orange-silver motor. Just that their roller & gear is super smooth.

Next time on my buy list, I must get the following items:
- 2&3mm screws pack
- MS orange/silver motor

That's all I could think of now. O yea, I finally became a member, just need to get the membership card in next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment